As we look ahead to the 2020-21 season, first let me say from our entire team, thank you for your patience and understanding. I know we have said it before, but it has made all the difference these past months.
As we put plans together for your safe return to the Huntington Center in mid-January, know this season will look different from all others but our goals remain the same. We want to celebrate our hometown team and offer a sense of togetherness, even if it is in a modified setting. We are working with the local health department and State of Ohio on crowd size regulations and will react to any changes accordingly.
Let us try to answer some of your questions.
- Face Masks: Face masks are mandatory at Walleye home games, even when seated. The exception is when you are actively eating or drinking. This is the norm across the ECHL and other pro sports who have permitted fans in the stands.
- Seat Location: Your seat location is likely to change due to reduced capacity at the Huntington Center and the six-feet social distancing guidelines from the State and CDC. We appreciate your cooperation and flexibility to help us adapt to this temporary adjustment.
- 2020-21 Tickets: You will receive information in the near future from your Ticket Consultant on how ticket distribution will work for the upcoming season.
- Entrance: To maintain social distancing throughout the arena entry process, all tickets will have a designated entrance gate listed to allow for the most even distribution of people entering.
- Clear Bag Policy: A new Clear Bag Policy has been implemented this season. Each fan will be permitted to bring in one (1) 1-gallon clear/resealable “Ziploc” style bag or a 14 x 14 x 6 inch clear bag, plus a small clutch purse (4.5” x 6.5”). Exceptions will be made for medical and/or diaper bags.
- Player Interaction: Due to the safety of the players, per league rules as of today, there won't be any contact with Walleye coaches or players for the entire 2020-21 season, so they can remain in the “team bubble” while in Toledo.
We will continue to navigate through these ever-changing times together. Please know we are doing everything so that we can safely return and create the best experience possible.
Executive Vice President and General Manager
Director, Ticket Sales